Investment Banking Programme
Investment banking remains the ‘holy grail’ of careers for thousands of young people, fascinated by the allure of global financial markets.. However, the availability of work experience is extremely limited for pre-university students. The Young Investment Banker programme brings top professionals to UCL to provide you with everything you would seek to gain from work experience at a world-class investment bank.
There are three clear outcomes for the day:
- You will gain a genuine experience of life as an investment banker, both through sessions on the two key areas (sales & trading and mergers & acquisitions); AND through practising some key tasks yourself, including designing a trading strategy, pricing stocks, valuing companies and negotiating with other parties. The case studies are based on real-life matters, thus putting you into the shoes of an investment banker for the duration of the programme.
- You will be guided on how to secure a front-office position at a bulge-bracket investment bank– with advice ranging from which A-levels to choose, which universities to apply for and how to tackle personal statements; all the way to how to excel in CVs, application forms and interviews.
- You will meet with established investment bankers from a variety of disciplines, and be given the chance to ask them questions on a personal basis. These professionals can become vital mentors for you throughout your career.
Further, students can reference their attendance on the Young Investment Banker Programme in UCAS personal statements as an example of where they have gained key skills such as teamwork, problem-solving, negotiating and commercial awareness.
Our students are ambitious, hard-working, and determined to succeed in the world of finance. We provide you with the knowledge, skills, professional network, and application techniques to give you a competitive advantage over your peers. Some of the qualities we seek to instil are listed below, and are highly desired by universities as well as employers:
- Receive personal guidance from industry insiders
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- CV/cover letter/application form writing
- Interview techniques
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of organisational dynamics
- Innovation and initiative
- Marketing and self-branding
Programme Fee: £120/student. If 2 or more places are booked students receive a 10% discount. Enter code GROUP10 at checkout to benefit from this.
Please note: Wheelchair access is not available at this event due to refurbishments that are being carried out at the venue.
Refund Policy: We do not offer cash refunds for programme bookings. However, we do provide 100% credit against your purchase in case you can no longer attend the programme you have booked for if you cancel before the programme takes place. That credit can be used against any future programme run by InvestIN Education by you or one of your associates. For a full list of terms and conditions, please click here.
*exact programme format subject to change without notice
University College, London (UCL)
The UCL Institute of Education