Investment Banking School leavers
TheNational Audit Office are independent of government and the Civil Service and hold the government to account for the way it uses public money. They are right at the centre of the drive to promote economy and efficiency in government and focus on the big systemic, cross-government, and crosscutting issues.
They offer a 5-year professional training scheme leading to qualification as a Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales). This may be quicker than graduates moving through university. You need 300 UCAS points from A Levels or equivalent and be ready for the long term commitment of studying for professional exams. You do not need to have studied Maths or a finance related A Level to succeed on the scheme but you do need to demonstrate a keen interest in accountancy and the key competencies they are looking for, which are:
· Analyses data to draw sound conclusions
· Demonstrates sound judgement
· Communicates effectively with others
· Demonstrates enthusiasm, initiative and drive
· Build and maintains effective team relationships
· Build and maintains effective client relationships
· Plans and organises workload to deliver high quality work to deadline
· Understands the bigger picture
You can work in London or Newcastle. The salary is c£22, 000 in London and c£17, 000 in Newcastle. After qualifying, you may be offered a permanent position as one of the Audit Principals. This brings a starting salary of over £48, 000 in London.
The NAO works in three main areas:
· They audit the accounts of all central government departments and other bodies,
· They produce wide ranging reports such as managing government budgets, consumers & markets, pension enrolment, Olympic legacy etc
· They provide support to Parliamentary Select Committees to help save money and bring about improvements in the delivery of public services.
The recruitment process involves an application form, then online numerical reasoning tests. If you are successful you will be invited to a competency interview of about 45 minutes. If you pass this you will be invited back for the day and participate in a number of individual and group exercises as well as further interviews.antler startup property management courses sme startup erasmus entrepreneur civic education startup entrepreneur interior design course planning in entrepreneurship elite crowdfunder new education policy 2022 in hindi technical education best kickstarter projects 2022 humanities courses different types of entrepreneur types of social entrepreneurship cert 4 training and assessment crowdfunding for teachers sdg 6 decision making in entrepreneurship entrepreneurship reed courses historical development of entrepreneurship emt training flint crowdfunding abs training hrce staff minority entrepreneurs imaguru bca colleges near me personal resources of an entrepreneur