CIBC world Markets Investment Banking
Stay abreast of important economic and market developments and capitalize on investment opportunities with our insightful research and innovative thinking.
Join our many clients who have come to rely on the breadth and quality of our research to help them understand market trends, hear investment opinions and generate alpha. Our rich combination of fundamental, quantitative and technical analysis lets you see the market from different angles to identify important developments at the macro, sector, company and asset-class level to drive timely and profitable investment ideas.
Our Research Portal provides clients easy access to information and reports.
Our Economics Group identifies trends, opportunities and risks that can affect the Canadian and global economies — and your business. The team is recognized as a key definer of critical market developments and their implications for stock values, currencies and interest rates, and has a long and well-earned reputation for being ahead of the curve.
You can access daily and weekly market summaries and forecasts, and monthly and quarterly in-depth analytic publications. In addition, you can hear the views of our analysts at conferences and through phone calls and one-on-one meetings.
View the latest information at:
Our Institutional Equity Research team is committed to helping you identify investment opportunities across the market capitalization spectrum. We cover over 335 Canadian companies that represent all key sectors of the economy, plus select international companies, and base our analysis on intensive "bottom up" assessments of every industry and company we track. We provide broad and deep assessments across key verticals covering major portions of the TSX sector market cap.
Benefit from our ability to help identify emerging industries and companies early on. Our team has consistently been recognized as a top research source for its breadth of coverage, industry knowledge and quality of work.1 Insightful reports, complemented by corporate and analyst meetings, help keep you on top of stock market activity and the outlook for different industries and companies.
View the latest information at:
Our macro strategists provide topical research focused on fundamentals, valuation and trade ideas across foreign exchange, interest rates, commodities and sovereign and corporate credit. A range of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports helps keep you informed on:
- FX: Underlying themes, issues and trends affecting Asian, Latin American and G10 currencies
- Rates: Fundamental, technical and quantitative analysis on both domestic and global rates in support of various executable trade ideas
- Commodities: Market views, price forecasts and analysis of global supply/demand fundamentals for the energy sector
- LATAM: Factors impacting the sovereign credit and currencies of selected Latin American and Caribbean countries
- Government Credit: Factors impacting the economic, fiscal and financial performance of Canada at federal, provincial and municipal levels
- Corporate Credit: Fundamentals, supply and demand dynamics and valuation of Canadian, U.S. and Latin American credits in the context of global credit markets
Clients also benefit from conference calls and one-on-one meetings where we discuss our analysis and the implications for your business.