Canara Bank Education Loan for abroad
One of the main agendas of the Government of India is to make sure that no one is deprived of a proper education due to financial constraints. Indian Banks' Association (IBA) has framed an all-inclusive model educational loan scheme, which every bank has adopted. With the aim of supporting students from economically weaker sections of the society, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development and Government of India has launched this scheme with subsidized interest.
Canara Bank Offers two kinds of education loans, namely Loans for Students and Model Loan Scheme for Vocational Education & Training.
Objective / Loan Purpose:
The loan principally goes towards the course fees for the stream chosen by the applicant. It can also cover the costs of textbooks, apparatus, instruments, uniform imposed by the institution, yearly hostel fee payment, exam fee, study trips as well as other related expenses. This is applicable irrespective of where the applicant chooses to study - in India or overseas.
Expenses considered for Canara Bank Education Loan:
Course fee, hostel fee, costs of required books and instruments, examination fee and study trips are considered.
Amount of Education Loan:
As a need-based educational loan, Canara Bank has a limit on the amount it will provide as loan.
- For education in India: Up to INR. 10 lakh.
- For education overseas: Up to INR. 20 lakh.
- If the loan you have taken is less than INR 4 lakhs, no interest will be levied.
- For loan sum more than that, 5 percent interest will be levied if you are studying in India and 15 percent if you are going abroad.
- Starts a year after the course is completed or six months after landing a job, whichever is earlier.
- Loan with interest can be repaid in EMIs i.e. you can take 10 years to repay loan amount up to INR. 7.5 lakhs and 15 years if the amount is more than that.
- Loan is provided conjointly to the applicant and his/ her guardian.
- There is an agreement that future earnings of the student will contribute to loan repayment.
- No collateral is required if the loan amount is less than INR. 4 lakh.
- For loan sum between INR. 4 lakh and INR 7.5 lakh, guarantee from a bank-approved third party may be required. To avoid this, the borrower can offer security of palpable assets (covering the loan amount) in its stead.
- If the loan amount is more than INR. 7.5 lakhs, the security worth the same is required as collateral.
- Up to INR. 4 lakhs – Nil
- Above INR. 4 lakhs:
- For studying in India – 5%
- For studying overseas - 15%
Bachelors (Graduation) and Masters (Post-graduation) that include professional as well as technical courses with work potential conducted by colleges or universities validated by UGC, Government, Department of Electronics, AICTE, IMC, and autonomous institutes like IIT, IIM, Madras Christian College etc.
Any Bachelor's or Master's Degree that is employment-oriented from an approved institute.
- Mark sheet of the most recent qualifying public exam for school or college in India.
- Proof of admission to the course (Fee receipts, Transfer Certificate, etc.).
- Schedule of expenses for the course (Fee receipts obtained from the institute).
- Two recent passport size photos of the borrower, co-obligant and guarantor.
- Duplicate copy of any national ID card like passport, Voter’s ID, Driving License etc.
- Recent salary slips if you are a salaried person and income proofs like reference from clients, IT papers etc. if you are self-employed, freelancers, professionals, entrepreneurs or agriculturist.
Student Eligibility Criteria:
- The student must be an Indian National & must have passed the required course with essential grades.
- The applicant must have received admission in a course in any recognized institute, approved by the State or Central Government.
Objective/ Loan Purpose:
The purpose of Model Loan Scheme for Vocational Education & Training is to finance the expenses of a student throughout the course period. Vocational courses are job-oriented and train students in a specific field before aiding them with placements.
Expenses considered for Canara Bank’s Model Loan Scheme for Vocational Education & Training:
The loan mainly goes towards the student’s tuition fees for the entire course, exam fee and lab fee and library fund and caution deposit. It can also be used to finance the required books, apparatus and other valid expenses.
- For three-month courses - INR 20, 000/-
- For three to six month courses – INR 50, 000/-
- For 6 months to 1 year courses – INR 75, 000/-
- For courses of one year and above - INR 150, 000/-
Once the course is completed, the settlement of loan will begin after a cessation period as given below:
- For courses of up to one year - Six months from completion.
- For courses that takes more than one year – One year from completion.