Canara Bank Education Loan
Canara Bank Offers IBA Model Education Loan scheme for pursuing higher studies in India and abroad.
a) Studies in India
- Post-graduation including technical / professional courses with employment potential conducted by colleges / Universities approved by UGC / Government, AICTE/ Department of Electronics / IMC, autonomous institutions like IIT, IIM etc.
b) Studies abroad:
- Job oriented, technical / professional courses- (graduation / post graduation)
Coverage of expenses
- Payment of course fees
- Purchase of books, equipments, instruments, uniform
- Payment of hostel fees, examination fees, study tours
- Passage expenses (for studies abroad)
Need based finance
- For studies in India : Max. Rs.10.00 lacs
- For studies abroad : Max Rs.20.00 lacs
- Upto to Rs.4.00 lacs - Nil
- Above Rs.4.00 lacs
for studies in India : 5%
studies abroad : 15%
Loan is given jointly to the student and parent /guardian
Assignment of future income of the student
- Upto Rs.4.00 lacs - No security
- Above Rs.4.00 lacs upto Rs. 7.50 lacs - Satisfactory third party guarantee
- Above Rs. 7.50 lakhs: Collateral security equal to 100% of the loan amount.
(Note: If the proposed borrower prefers to offer collateral security of tangible assets (moveable or immoveable) instead of bringing collateral securities in the form of third party guarantee, the same may be accepted, at his request, provided the securities with stipulated margin covers 100% of the loan amount).
Rate of Interest
As per bank rulesRepayment
Commences one year after completion of the course or six months after getting employment, whichever is earlier.
Loan with interest is repayable in equated monthly installments as follows :
- Upto Rs.7.5 Lakhs - 10 years
- Above Rs.7.5 Lakhs - 15 years
Head Office - Canara Bank
P.O. Box No. 6648, 112, Jayacharamarajendra Road, Bangalore-560002
Phone : 080 - 2222 1581
Fax : 080 - 2222 2704
E-mail : Contact Now
Website : visit
Click here for the nearest bank branches
Note : Since the rules, regulations, eligibility conditions, repayments and interests rates etc. are revised by the banks from time to time in keeping pace with the changing capital market conditions, students and parents are advised to thoroughly check the terms and conditions of educational loan scheme on offer at the time of application.
Find it Useful ? Help Others by Sharing Online