The TD Bank WOW!Zone is a comprehensive financial literacy program created by TD Bank. Our goal is to provide children and teens with valuable information about money, saving, banking and investing. Designed to be educational, fun, and interactive, our programs provide a solid foundation for everyone to create a strong financial future.
Lesson PlansGrades K - 1 Grades 2 - 3
Grades 4 - 5
Grades 6 - 8
Grades 9 - 12
ResourcesGrades K-1 Grades K-8 Grades 2-3 Grades 4-5 Grades 6-8 Grades 9-12
Our CurriculumWritten to meet the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards, the TD Bank WOW!Zone lesson plans provide Educators with a resource for introducing topics such as:
- The value of money
- The difference between saving and spending
- Balancing a check book
- Planning a budget
- Creating an investment
TD Bank InstructorsIn addition to providing lesson plans here on the web site, we also have trained Bank Instructors available to visit your classroom to teach this special course...absolutely FREE!
Each course concludes with a tour of a local TD Bank store. Here, students can meet the tellers, step inside the vault, and more!
We are available in the following areas: Connecticut, Delaware, D.C., Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Western North Carolina and Wilmington, Eastern Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont and Virginia.
Listen to Our PodcastFinancial education is an essential skill for students to learn, yet fitting it into your already jam-packed curriculum seems nearly impossible. That's where we come in; with the help of Financial Education Manager Melissa Fox and Teacher Brian Shields, we discuss simple and effective ways to incorporate financial education into your lessons.*
Watch Our Savings VideoTeach your students why starting to save now is a great idea. Watch this video in class and discuss.
National Teach Children To Save Day!
TD Bank continues its annual tradition of participating in this national event. Through guided activities including "What If" games, storybook reading, and drawing, we introduce the concepts of why we save and why it is important to save.
About The SiteThe TD Bank WOW!Zone is an online, interactive learning tool for children and teens. The site is designed to provide children and teens with a better understanding of the value and worth of money.
KidsChildren 12 and under will follow the adventures of Penny and her friends as they play and learn all about money. Each episode will teach something about money in a clear, understandable format that children can truly understand. Each episode is followed by an engaging, interactive quiz and a fun, educational game to reinforce the learning. Currently under construction.
TeensFor teens, we are providing helpful tips, budget worksheets and money lessons to help them get started on a lifetime of smart money habits.
Young InvestorsFor young investors, we are providing a less formal, more experiential learning experience through playing a virtual stock market game. Each player will be given $100, 000 in virtual money every month and can take their chances in the real stock market, learning the ins, outs and sometimes unpredictable behavior of the market while competing against other players.
TD Bank Education ProgramsTD Bank WOW!Zone
- With over a million graduates, the TD Bank WOW!Zone is an exciting way for your students to learn the basics about banking. Over 40, 000 classrooms have participated in this program, making it a clear favorite with schools in the communities in which we serve.
- Created for students in grades K - 12, our curriculum is designed to meet the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Standards.
- Elementary School students enjoy fun activities and storytelling that focus on teaching children the basic principles of money, saving and banking.
- Middle School students can review the importance of saving, creating a budget, and understanding checking and ATM transactions. If there is time, they can even get an introduction to the stock market!
- High School students get the preparation they need to face their own financial futures! We teach the practical aspects of banking including opening and managing a checking account, planning a budget for work or college, and understanding ATM cards and lines of credit.