Bank of Baroda Education Loan
The National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme
National Skill Development Corporation has implemented The National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme to encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs.
Salient features of the The National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme are as under:
- With the object to increase the productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification, training will be provided by the eligible institutions (available on the website of National Skill Development Agency (NSDA) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- NSDA is an autonomous body constituted by Govt. of India. It will anchor the National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) and will facilitate the setting up of professional certifying bodies in addition to the existing ones.
- NSDC is a Private Public Partnership (PPP) organization with representatives from Government and Industry Associations on its Board. It has been instituted to foster private sector initiatives in skill development.
- SSC (Sector Skill Councils) are industry-led bodies, who would be responsible for defining the skilling needs, concept, processes, certification, accreditation of their respective industry sectors.
- NSDC will be the implementing agency for this scheme.
- The training will be for a minimum of 30 days duration and will include training on social skills like health, hygiene, communication skills etc. The training may also include on the job training, internships etc. to increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- After successful completion of the training, assessment will be made and a certificate will be issued by separately identified and approved assessment agencies.
- Monetary awards for certification is as under:-
Sectors NSQF Levels 1 & 2 NSQF Levels 3 & 4 Manufacturing Courses Rs.10, 000 Rs.15, 000 Service & Other sectors Rs.7, 500
- The list of all the training providers in the skill development space that have been associated with any government institution shall be available on the website of National Skill Development Agency (NSDA). The detailed scheme document of The National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme is available on the website of National Skill Development Corporation