Investment Banking Analyst Atlanta
Investment Banking Analysts work closely with senior investment banking professionals in supporting their team. Analysts create and analyze financial models, develop client presentations, and conduct industry research. Analysts also serve as key members of merger & acquisition and capital raising transaction teams, providing credit underwriting support, drafting information memoranda, developing management and investor presentations, and facilitating the deal process from start to finish. The majority of Analysts will be placed at the Company headquarters in Atlanta. The Investment Banking Analyst position is typically a two-year position. At the end of the two-year period, Analysts may be asked to remain in the role for an additional year.
Investment Banking Analysts participate in six weeks of classroom instruction that consists of an introduction to capital markets products and services, accounting, corporate finance, systems, and financial model training designed to give analysts all the tools they will need to be successful. After the classroom training, Analysts will join either an industry practice group, which focuses on developing client relationships through industry expertise and delivering a full range of merger & acquisition, strategic advisory, and debt and equity capital raising solutions within a particular industry, or a product group, which focuses on the analysis, structuring and execution of specific advisory and capital raising transactions.
- Completed senior year of a BA/BS degree
- Business major preferred
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- Accounting or finance coursework preferred
- Proven analytical ability and attention to detail
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills
- High degree of academic and extracurricular achievement
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Willingness to commit substantial time and energy to the position.
SunTrust is only able to consider candidates who are permanently eligible to work in the United States.