Investment Banking JP Morgan
J.P. Morgan counts as its greatest asset the breadth and depth of its client base. Within Investment Banking, the firm works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, and provides comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise.
In-depth, industry-specific expertise and regional market acumen enable our industry coverage teams to serve the evolving needs of clients around the world.
Our approach to serving clients has always centered on doing first-class business in a first-class way. We strive to build trusted, long-term relationships by taking a holistic and forward-looking view on our relationships, and identifying ways to help clients achieve their most important business objectives.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We advise corporations and institutions of all sizes on their most complex strategic needs, in their home markets and around the world.
Clients benefit from bespoke solutions combining:
- In-depth knowledge of sector and market dynamics with M&A bankers based locally in every major market globally
- Innovative advice on valuation, transaction structures and deal tactics/negotiations
- Rigorous execution delivered with responsive and agile service
- Comprehensive financing through our debt and equity issuance platforms
- Ability to partner with product experts where appropriate across our full range of competencies (derivatives, treasury services, escrow services and others)
Investment Bank Industry Coverage
We serve the evolving needs of clients around the world across:
- Consumer & Retail
- Diversified Industries
- Financial Institutions & Governments
- Financial Sponsors
- Real Estate & Lodging
- Technology, Media & Telecom
Origination, Equity & Debt Capital Markets
J.P. Morgan’s Capital Markets groups, in partnership with the industry coverage and M&A groups, enable us to serve our clients holistically. We offer a wide range of services, from origination to structuring, executing and syndicating financing for clients globally.
Equity Capital Markets
J.P. Morgan is widely recognized as a global leader in capital raising, combining superior origination strength and structuring expertise with exceptional distribution capability. The firm’s underwriting activities range from initial public offerings to follow-on equity issues, and from public transactions and private placements for wealthy nations and emerging markets.
J.P. Morgan’s origination capabilities include:
- Initial Public Offerings
- Follow-on Common Stock Issues
- Convertible Issues
- Private Placements
Debt Capital Markets
Serving corporate, institutional and government clients, J.P. Morgan’s presence in the global credit markets is unmatched. The firm combines superior debt origination and structuring expertise with exceptional distribution capabilities to a large base of investors.
The origination team works directly with issuers, including corporations, banks and sovereign governments that seek funding. J.P. Morgan advises these clients on debt financing strategies, from a simple bank loan to multi-billion-dollar capital raising across asset classes. Colleagues partner across borders to deliver successful structuring, marketing and pricing. The business then distributes that product to investor clients.
Syndicated and Leveraged Finance
J.P. Morgan provides leveraged financing to companies to help them achieve objectives such as making an acquisition, effecting a buy-out, repurchasing shares or funding a one-time dividend or investment. J.P. Morgan arranges leveraged loans, high-yield or junk bonds and mezzanine debt for clients.
Corporate Finance Advisory
Our Corporate Finance Advisory team of experts advise clients on a variety of corporate finance topics such as capital structure and risk management, M&A structuring, credit ratings, distribution policy, liquidity management, cost of capital, value drivers, and credit-linked market solutions. Clients benefit from:
- Product-agnostic advice to help drive value-enhancing decisions, across all products, sectors and markets
- One of the largest and most experienced ratings advisory teams globally
- Solutions, developed with various specialized product groups, that take into account each client’s tax, accounting, regulatory and financial goals and concerns
- Bank advisory solutions incorporating proprietary risk models and actionable solutions that satisfy reporting and capital requirements