Investment Banking internship Singapore
Corporate & Investment Bank (Global Markets) – Internship (Asia)
We are now seeking applications for our Global Markets Internship Program in Hong Kong and Singapore. Students who are due to graduate at the end of 2017 are ideally positioned to apply.
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is one of the most respected financial institutions in the world – which is why we can offer you an outstanding career. We have been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. Throughout our history, we have played a leading role in helping companies grow and markets develop. Globally we work together to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in more than 100 countries, and hold global leadership positions in each of our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients, shareholders and the firm every day.
About Global Markets
J.P. Morgan’s Global Markets division consists of Sales, Trading and Research functions. The functions work in tandem to serve the needs of the world’s largest public and private corporate institutional and investor clients. We provide liquidity, insights, analytics, and competitive pricing across global asset classes to our issuer and investor clients. We research and identify opportunities and risk, and develop and execute complex financial transactions.
Our 9 week Global Markets Internship will provide you with insight into how a top-tier global Investment Bank operates on a daily basis. As an intern, you will be provided with exposure our commodities, fixed income, equities businesses throughout the duration of your internship. This will allow you to understand the flow of business, maximize your developmental experience and develop relationships with professionals from different lines of business.
The type of work that you may experience as an analyst during your internship could include:
- helping to maintain relationships with institutional investors and matching our services and products to their needs;
- working with trading, research and sales teams to provide comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates, executing client orders and/or providing institutional clients with information about specific securities;
- providing marketing ideas and helping to initiate transactions.
We also look at the internship program as a way of assessing your ability and confidence in dealing with our business and the lifestyle it engenders, with a view to making permanent offers to the top performers. Similarly, it is an opportunity for you to determine whether Global Markets is right for you.
We are looking for candidates who possess the following:
- Degree qualified, preferably in Commerce, Economics, Business or a Finance related discipline;
- Solid academic background;
- Fluency in English is essential;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills;
- Someone who thrives on the challenge of competitive pressures;
- Problem solving skills;
- Quick to learn;
- Excellent communication, positive attitude and interpersonal skills; and
- Commitment and a drive for excellence.